Sunday, May 28, 2006

It had to be 'On Toes' tonight. Sardari and I had made plans. Hada and his IIT gang had treated me to beer at the place in 2003. The only thing I could recall was this image of a pub on the first floor (on some bustling road) that played great music. Thankfully, there's only one 'On Toes' in Mumbai. And its in Juhu. The directions were pretty straight-forward, take the Western Expressway, cross the fly-over near the Andheri Shoppers' Stop and ride straight, and then enquire?! I don't know where all I rode, but when we finally got to the place, I had lost my bearing completely, and we were both thirsty. But getting there at 2230hrs actually helped - we got a place to sit, enjoy the music and leisurely gulp the beer. We had the time to learn of Sardari's experience with these women who had invited him over to Salsa, his satisfaction at having participated in the 24hr fast at IITB, and his impending DDP submission. In between, I messaged Cheeru that I was at 'On Toes', and his prompt reply only stressed on 'the best days of college life'. We headed to Amar Juice Centre to gorge on the grilled sandwich. At a modest 0030hrs, the place was buzzing with activity.

As bad as Homer

On the ride back, we took the street perpendicular to Amar's, and as we rode along, I recognized the ALFA stores - they're numbered from 1 to 5, and scattered on both sides of the street. That's when I figured where I was. I'd been to ALFA quite a few times before - its a good place for competitively priced mobile phones and other gizmodos. Most importantly, I have reason to believe that my left hippocampus is not entirely dysfunctional - I atleast knew my way back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home