Saturday, July 15, 2006

Thanks to my rain-rides and slipping on ferry gangways, I had managed to bend my girl's handlebar. Although very minor, I could feel the discomfort while riding her on straight roads.

I narrated my trouble to my mechanic at Vakola, and he suggested a visit to the 'Pardewala' in Vile Parle. It wasn't too difficult locating the Pardewala. I took the street opposite the Centaur, near the Airport. A short ride later, it seemed allright to ask any autorickshaw chap for directions to reach the Pardewala. I did just that, and was directed to the nearby Sai Mandir and also advised to ask for directions once I am there. Getting to Sai Mandir was easy. And the people around, promptly directed me to the Pardewala.

I now know that two of the brothers are Salaluddin and Yusufuddin. Their garage is housed next to an apartment building. The nearby cycle repair shop's wall advertises the Pardewala: They don't work on Fridays. Timings are prominently displayed, and nobody is allowed to enter the garage. They have no branches.

They're highly respected in their trade and seem to be an authority at straightening vehicle's twisted necks back in shape. I think the bearded Salaluddin took my lady inside, while I was asked to wait next to their advertisment on the wall. The Pardewala led her into the garage and pulled the curtain hiding everything from sight. He emerged 5mins later, and asked me to take a ride and see if all was well. It was.

The steering felt a whole lot smoother and the handlebar and front-wheel were now perfectly aligned. I guess that's what the magic of the Pardewala, next to the Sai Mandir in Vile Parle, is all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home